http://amiresque.blogspot.com/p/about-me.html

Sep 4, 2011

TIFF Coverage

Once again, it's that amazing time of the year when all Torontonian cinephiles will get to indulge in the gift that is TIFF! This year I've opted mostly for titles that will not be released by the end of the year, so there will be no coverage of The Descendants, Ides of March, and the like. Although I'm really sad to say that I missed tickets on two of my most anticipated films of the year, Asghar Farhadi's Berlin winner A Separation and Take This Waltz, the second feature film from Toronto's very own darling Sarah Polley. On the bright side, the former will be released by Sony Pictures Classics on December 30th in the States and through Mongrel Media on January 13th, 2012 in Toronto. No distributor has been announced for the latter yet, unfortunately.

I won't share all the titles I'm covering, to make the coverage more interesting. Suffice to say, it will feature some Cannes hits and newer titles like Oren Moverman's Rampart, Steve McQueen's Shame and Andrea Arnold's Wuthering Heights.

Woody Harrelson in Rampart (src)

No comments:

Post a Comment