http://amiresque.blogspot.com/p/about-me.html

Jan 25, 2013

Highlights: 2012's Newcomer of the Year...


... is Clément Métayer (Something in the Air).

I will definitely need to re-watch Olivier Assayas's semi-autobiographical latest film before I can confirm my initial judgement, seeing as it was clouded by the crammed screening schedule at TIFF. I enjoyed it quite a lot and I imagine I will even more so on a second go. But if there's one thing that doesn't need a refresher, it's Métayer's heartfelt, lived-in performance as the hot-headed teen revolutionary at the film's center. There's quite a burden on his young shoulders but I'm not exaggerating when I say he carries it as effortlessly as Edgar Ramirez did in Assayas's Carlos.


All 'Best of 2012' Entries...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is really interesting reading. I am glad I found this and got to read it. Great job on this content. I like iteBay contact telefoonnummer

    ReplyDelete