http://amiresque.blogspot.com/p/about-me.html

Apr 6, 2014

Introducing Hello Cinema

Roohangiz Saminejad in The Lor Girl (1933)

Long time readers of this space are aware of my passion for Iranian cinema. When I started this blog, one of my main goals was to cover this national cinema in a way that had not been done in the English language blogosphere before. Although there has been plenty of writing on Iranian cinema in the academia since the 90s, mainstream criticism has largely ignored the Iranian film industry and I wanted to change that. Hence, it's with immense that I announce my newest venture, Hello Cinema.

Named after Mohsen Makhmalbaf's seminal film, Hello Cinema is a website entirely dedicated to Iranian cinema, co-published by myself and Toronto critic and author, Tina Hassannia. Our website hosts a podcast broadcast on the last Thursday of every month and features plenty of reviews, essays and news items throughout the month.

For more information about this project, please check out the 'About Page' here. You can also subscribe to our podcast on iTunes, like our page on Facebook and follow our account on Twitter.

1 comment:

  1. Great Post! I really appreciate the detail you went into and enjoyed reading this. Thanks for sharing this useful article.visit site

    ReplyDelete